How do I see individual team member capacity in JIRA?

Joshua Bagley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2019

I need to be able to enter each individual team member's capacity for each Sprint into JIRA.  How do I do this and see capacity for each Sprint?

Thanks.

1 answer

2 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2019

Hi @Joshua Bagley ,

You can run the User Workload report to see an individual's workload, but not the capacity. The Velocity Chart will show the team's capacity over the course of several sprints. This is about as close as you can get in native Jira, there are other time tracking and charts, but not as telling as a velocity chart. YOu can also check the Marketplace for an add-on that may do this for you.

Keep in mind, though, in a Sprint the capacity is based on the entire team's effort, not a single individual, so if a team member is split between two scrum teams you will need to estimate the new velocity for a couple of sprints during planning until the numbers catch up. 

Hope this helps,

-Scott

Suggest an answer