• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I see all issues assigned to my team members from all projects?

Hello! My issue is as follows:

My dev. team (of 4 people) often has to work on several projects for different products at the same time. This happens when we receive a high number of change or minor feature dev. requests.

So, everyday, we gather in front of the whiteboard and talk about the daily tasks for 15 minutes.

I'm hoping to find an alternate way of doing this using JIRA since "Assigned" and "In Progress" tasks are on the boards of each project.

Is it possible to see a list of assigned tasks to specific people across all projects?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler Brown Community Leader Dec 04, 2018

Hey Emre,

You should be able to use:

assignee in (user1, user2, user3, user4) and status in (Assigned, "In Progress")

That should show all issues assigned to your team regardless of the project.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Thanks Tyler! It was in the most obvious place and I didn't look.

Just for the record - under Issues and Filters --> Search Issues use filters to view tasks.

I know you accepted the answer already, this is just another way you could do it. We kind of do a similar thing as well, but during our standup we just use a dashboard. One that could be helpful for you is the Two dimensional gadget! You can create a filter, and then use that during standup.

example filter: type = task AND assignee in ("1st Name", "2nd Name", "3rd Name") AND status != Done

You can pick what you want to show, then it would go across multiple projects. You can right click each number, it will open in a new page and list all of the issues.

Example.JPG

The cleanest and easiest user management is to create a user group in Jira Admin -> User Management -> Groups.

Then you can query the entire group as "assignee in membersOf(group_name)"

What's great about this is you can actually nest user groups in a hierarchy which allows you to have something like this:

• Group 1
    • Group A
    • Group B

Then your query can be either independent such as, "assignee in membersOf(Group A)" or including both as "assignee in membersOf(Group 1)" as needed for issues or dashboard use.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you