How do I see JIRA REST/JSON object hierarchy?

egilmore2019
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

I'm connecting to a Jira instance from ServiceNow using what's called the Jira Spoke. Basically it looks like it's using a REST endpoint to retrieve data about Jira issues. We update several fields within ServiceNow with data from Jira, except for 1 field. In this instance it's called Fix Version/s. I can not get any data from this field. I think it's some type of object array, but I'm not sure if the name is fixVersion, fixVersions or whatever. I can't see any metadata about the field, so I have no idea if it's a top level field in the retrieved JSON object, and apparently the object is to big for ServiceNow to display all the possible fields. Is there a standard hierarchy of fields somewhere, with field label/type information?

1 answer

1 vote
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2024

Hi @egilmore2019 

FixVersion is a system field that shows the "Release" Or Version for which the ticket is being released in

You can find the json scheme by replacing your site specific info in this URL:

https://<yourinstanceurl>/rest/api/2/issue/<issuekey>?expand=names

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events