This is the documentation I was able to find:
In all the examples the parent value is specified. I want to search for a child value across all parent values. Specifically, I want to get a list of all records that have a any parent value but no child value.
@JohnBishop- Thanks anyway. I guess I am SOL for this...
1. Too many first level values and too much work for a query I only need to run once or twice.
2. No one available.
3. Too much trouble for a query I really only want to run once or twice.
It doesn't look like that is currently supported, so there doesn't seem to be an easy way to accomplish this.
I can think of 3 alternatives at the moment:
1. Build a jql query where you AND together a bunch of cascadeOptions (one for every possible first level value of the field).
2. Develop, or have someone else develop, a new searcher for the cascading select field type.
3. Create a hidden text field which will store some value, maybe "TRUE", if the cascading field on that issue has both values, and "FALSE" if it only has the parent issue. Then you can just query this hidden field. You'd probably need to use either a listener or a Scripted Field to keep everything up to date.
We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs