How do I search by status category?

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

When you create a new, custom, status, you assign it to a category.  You also map statuses to categories on the Agile board.

I want to be able to search for tickets by those categories - New, In Progress, Complete.

This would allow me to create a view for an Epic similar to the Sprint Health Gadget.

As it is, I have to be able to group the Custom Status fields into categories as I read the chart, or create multiple charts to have the view for an Epic that I get for a Sprint in the Sprint Health Gadget.

2 answers

1 vote
Craig Cockburn June 14, 2017

statusCategory = indeterminate  (in progress)

statusCategory = done  (done)

+ new

+ undefined

Hope this helps

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

You can't do it without some dev work. Maybe easier to just create a scripted field that stores the status category on the issue.

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2015

Jobin - thank you very much for the response, do you have a script already for that?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2015

I do not but it should be fairly easy to do if you have Scriptrunner plugin. See https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+Fields. Try issue.statusObject.statusCategory.name

Suggest an answer