How do I restrict who can see and modify my project?

I want to make some users not have access to certain parts of my project, if a user sign up from E-mail / Jira account , that user has complete access to my project, which is not the idea, just want them to be able to see part of it (Issue ticket) that I shared with them and able to comment it, but nothing else.

I have issue and when I click "Share" to an E-mail of somebody that doesn't have an account it asks them to create an account, once they do, they get "FULL" Access to my project, including modify / create / view all categories.

I want them to be able to View / Comment only the Issue Ticket that has been shared with them.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

What is likely happening here is that you have the default roles set up search of new users are being added to that role. And then that role is being used in all the project’s permissions. What you need to do is ensure that the projects where you don’t want users to have access to you need to update the permissions so that the project permissions do not leverage those default roles. 

Okay, but how? do you have a step by step ?

I am a bit confused, I created a new Group called "Viewer/commenter" and I try to make that the default, however it also has another group called "Users-something-####" which is also Default.

also on Roles, only gives me 3 roles (Basic / Admin / Trusted)

how do I add a new Role !?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2021

Hi @Bruno Sergio Pongetti Goldemberg

from your description I believe this is a Classic (company managed) project that you are having.

For this there are indeed roles that you can use to grant permissions to groups or even single users.

Please have a look into the following documentation:

However, your Jira administrator (in case you are not having the necessary permissions yourself) can setup roles - to those roles the beforementioned groups and/or individual users can then be assigned.

Please alternatively see that those information can be found as videos:

Most likely exactly what is discussed in (starting with 1:30m) in this video is what you are facing - you could adjust the settings in order to achieve what you are after:

Please take all time needed to reproduce what is discussed in documentation and/or videos.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer