How do I remove ex employees or old users without losing all the data they created?

I have removed some of them from the group "USERS" but left them as users on confluenct projects so they can't log in but the data is still there but when I go into any user on the manage users tab it tells me Jira is exceeded by 3 users and confluence is exceeded by 3 users.

How do I remove ex employees or old users without losing all the data they created? I want to have 3 developers and 10 collaboratros and can't figure out how to reorganize these old users so we do not exceed our users.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Took a look at the instance tied to your email address and I found the problem just as you described it. Removing people from the group "users" previously would free up the seat on your license. With the migration, I found all of your users were given application access - which is what is counting against your license. This can quickly & easily be resolved by going into Administration, User Management, Application Access and removing access from the users that no longer need access (this page shows the users and the total count, aka 3 exceeded). Once you uncheck the 6 boxes(3 JIRA, 3 Confluence) it will clear the license issue.

I will follow up on our side to change this behavior or our documentation on it.

Hi,

I revoked application access for  my ex-employee , but  i could not find his comments posted for a task.

Is there any way I can  retrieve the comments posted by him.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Updates to jira.atlassian.com give you visibility into what's coming in Jira Server and Data Center

Hello, Community! My name is Gosia and I'm a Product Manager on Jira Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. Since 2002 when we launched our public issue tracker, jira.atlass...

377 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you