How do I remove a project from the list of Recent Projects?

The JIRA installation at my site has several dozen projects, of which I'm a member of only three or four. In the past, I've clicked on some projects of which I'm not a member, which gets those projects stuck in my Recent Projects menu, as well as the "Recent projects" section of the Project dropdown menu in the "Create Issue" dialog. I'd like to re-set the Recent Projects to remove these unwanted projects. How do I go about doing so? Clearing the Cookies in the browser doesn't seem to help, and I can't find a helpful menu function, or a link under my profile. Is this handled automatically (e.g., by means of a six-month expiry)? Or does the JIRA server maintain a list of up to N projects that it will remember forever, except if they're displaced by more recently used projects?

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi there,

normally it's not possible to see any projects where you aren't a member of. So i think the problem here is that you're in a standard jira-group ... f.e. "jira-users", which is automaticly added to all new projects, so you're allowed to create issues.

I don't know any function to clean up the "Recent projects" History.

Regards,

Wilhelm

Hmm, so if you're correct (and, indeed, I am in jira-users), it's necessary to be able to "see" all projects in order to create new issues in any project?

Yes, normally you should be allowed to see(browse) those projects, in which you're allowed to create a issue. You don't have to see all Projects in general.

Of course there are ways to hide the project in which you're allowed to create issues, but I think this would be more confusing than useful.

This seems like a pretty glaring oversite....

Tim Chen I'm New Here Apr 13, 2018

this is an issue for deleted projects as well.  I created a few test projects to play around with and deleted them.  Now they are stuck in my recent list and link nowhere.

Also happened to me with deleted projects.

Very annoying!

You go to the issues in the projects you want to be in the dropdown and that will then become the first ones in he Recent Projects dropdown.

Agreed, Jobin. However that will merely reorder existing "Recent Projects", it won't remove any from the dropdown. Thanks, though!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

225 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you