• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I remove Nextgen Epic Parents after issue migration back to a Classic project.

I'm experiencing a few quirks following migration back to classic projects for the more robust reporting and permissions structures.

Many of these issues have stemmed from the differences in how Nextgen and Classic projects handle Issue & Epic relationships.

Our Classic projects now show the original Nextgen Epics as "Parent" issues while still allowing links to Classic epics at the same time.

This also causes many issues to not display on the backlog as the board thinks they are a subtask issue type? (Guessing at cause there.)

Here's what it looks like on a board:
Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 11.45.12 AM.png
The Classic epic above is shown in its proper place as an epic badge. MT2-6 is the errant "Parent" epic from the issue's old Nextgen project.

Has anyone found a strategy for cleaning these "Parent" links up?

3 answers

Facing the same issue here. Any answer from Jira support?

I have experienced the same problem. The problem persists even if you remove the parent from the issue while it is still in a next-gen project. The parent link seems to be preserved when the issue is eventually moved to a classic project, which then causes it to still not to show in the backlog.

1. Create an issue in a next gen project under an epic. Let's say NG-2
  2. "Move" NG-2 to its own task in order to break the parent relationship. Note the warning in the Move workflow that warns you that the parent relationship will be broken.
  3. Verify NG-2 no longer has a parent epic.
  4. Move NG-2 to a classic project. NG-2 -> OLD-100
  5. View a board on the OLD project with a filter that should include OLD-100.
  6. Notice that OLD-100 is not visible in the backlog.

I too am having this issue!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you