How do I receive only @mentions notifications in JIRA AGILE?

Gayathri Chakraborty July 15, 2019

Our users get a lot of notifications from Jira. The ones that really matter are the comments in which they are mentioned. We want to create a notification scheme that just sends an email when a specific user is mentioned and removes all of the other notifications, particularly for system and project administrators. 

I did not see an EVENT for a "mention" so I cannot add a notification just for that. I only see a "comment" event.  Nor did I see a "role" of "mention.

As a project admin I completely ignore all jira notifications as I get too many of them and I routinely miss questions from my team that are directed to me.

Please help!

3 answers

0 votes
Björn Zeutzheim June 24, 2022

Something that helped me is using a custom Stylesheet (with Stylus Chrome / Firefox extension) which can at least highlight mentions/comments in the notification feed.

It works directly in Jira as well as the Atlassian notification page:

/* ==UserStyle==
@Name           atlassian.com Notification Highlight
@namespace      github.com/openstyles/stylus
@version        1.0.0
@description    A new userstyle
@author         Me
==/UserStyle== */
@-moz-document domain("atlassian.com"), domain("atlassian.net") {
    a[data-testid="notification-item-main-action"] + * {
        position: relative;
    }
    a[data-testid="notification-item-main-action"][aria-label*="mentioned"] {
        background: rgba(255,0,0,0.24);
    }
    a[data-testid="notification-item-main-action"][aria-label*="commented"] {
        background: rgba(255,0,255,0.24);
    }
}
```
0 votes
fjordfox January 3, 2022

Is there a solution to this now?

0 votes
Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2019

I wish I had an answer to this. This is something that drives me crazy. The best workaround I've found is a combination of email filtering in outlook and setting up a JQL filter that I manually check once a day or so (if you add "comments ~ currentUser()" to a JQL query, it pulls up issues that mention you).

Suggest an answer