How do I make "start date" and "end date" of issues under epics visible on roadmap?

Nobuhiko Muramori
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 4, 2020

I cannot make "start date" and "end date" of issues under epics visible on roadmap...

With the default setting, Issue does not have "start date" and "end date" properties, but I can add them by changing the default settings.

Once I have added those properties, however, those are still invisible on roadmap...

Is it impossible? Or only possible with premium roadmap???

The image below from https://www.atlassian.com/ja/software/jira/features/roadmaps?tab=basic shows that stories under epics' "start date" and "end date" are visible on roadmap... 

image-20200513-155444.png

4 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2020

Hello @Nobuhiko Muramori

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When using the Roadmap on a next-gen project, currently, it's not possible to show the date range for child issues, it will only appear for Epics.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

As you mentioned in your question, the option is available for the Premium version of Jira that contains Advanced roadmaps. For more information, please check the article below:

Regards,
Angélica

Nobuhiko Muramori
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2020

Hello @Angélica Luz ,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply!

I'm looking forward the update.

Regards,

Nobuhiko

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Celine Hau October 22, 2020

@Angélica Luz how do you even set start and end dates for epics? I don't see the fields

Like # people like this
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2021

-

Like 千葉 秀平 likes this
Melissa Lato December 28, 2022

is it only possible to see Story Level Gant lines on roadmap in advanced roadmaps?

4 votes
Tim Griffin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 4, 2021

In classic projects, this is actually a 5 step process from a stock standard setup AND you need premium (not just paid standard):

1. Settings > Screens > Configure the Default Screen (or relevant)
  2. Add Start date and Due date to the screen
  3. Settings > Issue Layout
  4. Drag Start date / Due date to Context fields
  5. Plans > Create plan
2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2020

Hello @Celine Hau,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

You can add the Start and End date by editing the fields directly in the Epic or dragging its left and right edges to adjust directly in the Roadmap. 

Date ranges: Hover on an epic to view its date range. Drag its left and right edges to adjust the date range, or click the epic to open it and edit its details.

Also, make sure that on Project settings > Issue types > Epic that the fields were added to the context fields.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.31.59.png

Regards,
Angélica

Colin East November 1, 2020

Can't see the graphic as it is fuzzy.

Celine Hau November 1, 2020

Thank you @Angélica Luz dragging the edges works now. I don't think it was there before. Will take a look at the fields too.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Colin, click on the picture itself and it will pop out in almost full screen.

Like Celine Hau likes this
Marcelo Sosa April 25, 2022

Hi everyone @Celine Hau , 

I am working with classic projects. While we see Start Date and End Date, actually we use our own defined personalized fields like "Fecha de Inicio" and "Fecha de Fin". 

I configure them in Roadmaps but they´re still not showing the graph/lines to the right.

Roadmaps.png

Any ideas?

Forget it....I found the settings...

Roadmaps_1.png

Thank you.

Marcelo Sosa April 25, 2022

Roadmaps_1.png

Romina Rapoport January 25, 2023

@Marcelo Sosa 

Hi,

Quick question, how did you set up the PROE line in your roadmap? It looks like it's grouping the Epics. I'd appreciate if you could show me how to configure it and how it works.

Gracias!

Marcelo Sosa January 26, 2023

Hi Romina, 

You need to configure the roadmap. If you have it already.

Roadmap.png

Roadmap.png

Also while you are creating it prompts you to add a filter wich will feed the roadmap. 

I hope this was what you were asking. 

Marcelo

0 votes
Mickael T
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 19, 2023

Hello,

For your information it's now possible to do ( includinge child items in the roadmap ) .
This option is a bit trick to find since it's not in the project setting but in the board options !

You have to go to the board options ( obviously the roadmap functionality should be active ) then go to the last item of the board option , choose "board options" wich is the last item in the list at the left .

Then activate "child-level issue scheduling" like this
child-level.png

It was previously a paid option since it was only include in the "premium" Jira but that's almost fair to make it free in paid Jira since that is not a premium option, but a very necessary tools in project planning .

Ansar T
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 25, 2023

This option available in Standard version of Cloud Jira too

Like Yuliia Hahina likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events