How do I make all issues appear on my board? Even Done issues.

Manuel Malagon April 25, 2023

I have a team-managed project for which is impossible to see all complete issues. I have some issues done and they just disappeared and I can't make them appear anymore.

I have poked around endlessly trough the complicated and not-at-all user friendly mess that Jira is and I just can't find any option to make all issues appear. Also, there is no "issues" option on the left pane.

How do I make all my issues appear all the time, even when completed (Done)?

1 answer

1 vote
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hello @Manuel Malagon , 

Welcome to the community!

• You can enable the Issue navigation option by clicking Project Settings> Feature > then toggle the button for Issue. 
  • For a Business project "done" items will be automatically hidden from the Board when they have a Resolution Date that is 2 weeks or more in the past.
  • The issues still exist. As you found, you can still see them in the List view if you use the Done Items filter. You would also be able to see them if you select the Issues option from the navigation pane.
  • You can open those issues and look at the History information to see when and by whom the status was changed.
  • With a Team Managed project Kanban board, issues in the right-most column should automatically be hidden when the Resolved date becomes 2 weeks old.

I hope enabling issue navigation would ease your work.

Have a great day!

Manuel Malagon April 27, 2023

Thanks for helping,

I got the issues navigation by enabling it on the project settings as you say, so that helped.

But I'm not clear on why the DONE issues are not visible on the board. Are you saying that if I just move the right-most column to one before,  I can prevent the resolved issues from disappearing? Or are you saying that all Resolved issues will just disappear from the board after 2 weeks of completion?

In any case, is there a setting I can enable to make all issues just stay visible in the DONE board regardless of resolution time?

Like # people like this
Kishan Movaliya October 9, 2023

Hello @Manuel Malagon and @Himanshi ,

I'm also facing the same on the Jira board. I can't see the done issue on board. Does anyone find any solution for the same? 

Yagnik Vadaliya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

I'm facing same issue

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events