How do I link a sub-task to a story?

Liezel December 18, 2020

Hi,
I have a few sub-tasks that was created without being linked to a story. How to I now link these sub-tasks to an existing user story? I don't want to use the external link option.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Sub-tasks should not be importable without a parent, but assuming you've managed to do it, a sub-task should have an option for "change parent" in their tools list.

Liezel December 18, 2020

Thank you, Nic Brough _Adaptavist.  This solved my issue. :-)

1 vote
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Liezel ,

Sub-tasks are children category. You can't able to create sub-tasks individually , without entering into their parent( Story, Task, Bug, Defect) image.png

if you want to link sub-task from another story / Task / Bug / Defect you can link them by using "Link Issue" beside the "Create Subtask" option.

Liezel December 18, 2020

Thank you Kagithala Babu Anvesh. 
We used a CSV file to import the story and the sub-tasks, but the link between the story (parent) and sub-tasks (children) was incorrect and no link was created. We are now trying to find a way to link these sub-tasks to the story.
Is there a way to fix this without deleting the story and sub-tasks? 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020
Like Liezel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events