How do I know what project type I originally selected?

Deleted user January 2, 2014

I am trying to create a new project with the same features as I have in another one but as we are using OnDemand I can't clone it. I can't remember what project type I originally chose for the project, is there a way to see what type the existing project is?

Thanks

Hannah

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2014

Good question, I don't believe there is a way to tell exactly. The closest I can offer are some distinctions between the Simple Issue Tracking and JIRA Classic. When you create a Simple Issue Tracking project you will see the project key name prefacing the issue type and workflow (also a new workflow is created for each project). Additionally, there are more issue types available (8 as opposed to 3) for the JIRA Classic project. You can always create projects of each type and view them here: https://example.atlassian.net/secure/project/ViewProjects.jspa (and of course delete the irrelevant ones)

0 votes
Praveen August 28, 2018

I think we can create projects based on other projects by checking the workflow of each project.

I went through many such situations and came to know that the different type of projects under "Software" is having different workflows.

So the only method I found was to compare the project workflow with the type of project we are trying to create

0 votes
Asim Zeeshan July 31, 2015

I have exactly the same question but as @Jason Worley [Atlassian] stated, I think there is no clear indication

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events