How do I know the version of Answers?

Christopher Yeleighton July 13, 2014

Is there a way to know the version of this installation of Answers? I would like to create an issue about it but I do not know the version number. Other products such as Confluence and JIRA have the version number in the footer. (I shall assume it is 3.05 for now.)

How can I know whether this installation uses standalone, or which application server it uses, and also the JDK version and the operating system it uses? All this info is required to report an issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2014

I'm not sure it matters too much.

Answers is based on OSQA - Atlassian have taken that and customised it. However, it's going to be migrated to Confluence Questions soon, and I don't think there are any further bug-fixes going into (OSQA) Answers.

OSQA does not have the issue I wanted to report.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2014

Sorry, I meant that I'm not sure it's worth entering precise versions data for Answers bugs because the product is unlikely to be maintained in the future.

The form fails unless I enter the things it requires.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2014

That's why I said to not worry about the precise values. If you really insist on raising this issue against a product that probably isn't going to be maintained, then you can enter whatever seems closest.

I do not know what seems closest to standalone. Either it is standalone or it is not.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2014

Seriously, it doesn't matter.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2014

Nic is totally right; it completely doesn't matter what you put in the form. Go ahead and submit it.

He's also right that we're not doing much fixing to this current implementation of Answers on OSQA; we're on our way to migrating to Confluence Questions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2014

Sorry, that last one was a bit terse. By "it doesn't matter", I really mean that when you're using an issue tracker and the data doesn't fit what you're reporting, it's fine to take a good guess (or even pick randomly), as the people picking up issues are likely to be able to edit the data to make it more useful to them (and get the options improved)

Suggest an answer