How do I know the sprint ID number of a CURRENT sprint?

Theodore Duffy October 22, 2015

Is there anywhere that this is actually visible? I need the ID to fit into Filter search criteria.

I just need a report other than the Active Sprint columns, where I get an easily read list of all the tasks in a specific Sprint.

5 answers

5 votes
Aashish Trivedi April 29, 2019

The hack that I use is:

1. Go to All issues
  2. Click on "Advanced search" next to the text box on the top
  3. Then in the basic view of filters, select the current sprint as a criteria
  4. Then switch to advanced view of the filter and it shows the sprint ID in the query

The query with the sprint id will look something like:

project = XX AND sprint = ID ...

Amos Devakumar July 7, 2020

Nice hack and it works perfectly.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Gabor Nagy _Midori_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

There might exist multiple active sprints. Try

sprint in openSprints()

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-searching-functions-338363497.html#AdvancedSearchingFunctions-openSprints()

You can also write

sprint in (56)

or

sprint in (55,56)

where 55 and 56 are Sprint IDs. To get to know the ID of a sprint, you have two options:

• Since Sprint ID is just a hidden custom field, you can export an issue that you know it belongs to the Sprint you need and export it as XML, then look for <customfield id="customfield_xxxxx" key="com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint"> in the XML. The Sprint ID will be stored here.
  • When you are in JIRA Agile Backlog view, open up your browser's console (press F12 in Chrome or Firefox) and run this code in the Console tab:

$=AJS.$;$.map($(".ghx-sprint-group &gt; div"), function(sprint) { return $(sprint).find(".ghx-name").text() + " -&gt; ID=" + $(sprint).data("sprint-id"); })

If you only need the active sprints, run this:

$=AJS.$;$.map($(".ghx-sprint-group &gt; div.ghx-sprint-active"), function(sprint) { return $(sprint).find(".ghx-name").text() + " -&gt; ID=" + $(sprint).data("sprint-id"); })
1 vote
Theodore Duffy October 22, 2015

No such icon in the Backlog view, sorry.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

Which version are you using?

Soumya Veerachandran March 11, 2019

no such icon in  backlog view

0 votes
Theodore Duffy October 23, 2015

Gabor,

I need the sprint ID number.

Gabor Nagy _Midori_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2015

Please look at my edited answer above. If you need more info, please add it as a comment to that post.

Like QMetry Sales likes this
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015

In the "Backlog" view, you will find an option to "View in Issue Navigator" along side the sprint name. It is a small icon with 3 small dashes and a rectangle.

When you click on it, it takes you to the issue navigator and the query will have the correct sprint id in it.

Suggest an answer