How do I know if I have permissions to create filters?

Judy Reeder August 12, 2020

Hello, I am trying to create filters and not sure if I have permissions?  How can I check it?  Also, I need to create filters for all who access the board to use...which set of procedures will show me this method?

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Hi @Judy Reeder 

Just to confirm - is this an issue filter or a quick filter on a board?

------------------

For an issue filter, you don't need permission to create them - but you do to share it with others.

To create/save a filter:

1. Go to Filters > Advanced Issue Search
  2. Create a new search - for example, using JQL: issuetype = Story
  3. Once searched, press the "Save As" button at the top of the page
  4. Give the filter a name and press Create

To share a filter with others:

1. Once saved, click the hyperlink which appears next to your filter - Details
  2. Press "Edit Permissions" - if this option is missing, you do not have permission to share
  3. Select from the drop-down menus who you'd like to share it with and press "Add", then press "Save"

^ As mentioned in (2) - if the permission is missing, you don't have share permissions. You'll need to ask a Jira Admin/Site Admin to provide you access to the global permission "Share Dashboards and Filters"

------------------

Let us know if this resolves your query. If not - or this was a question about quick filters on boards - get back to us :) 

Ste

Suggest an answer