How do I graph multiple grouped statuses in the same JIRA pie chart?

Clive Cartlidge October 10, 2019

Hello! I have grouped several statuses in JIRA into bigger buckets - i.e. the "Open" bucket includes Open, Request for Info, Reopened, Monitoring, Blocked; and "Closed" includes Closed, Verified and Resolved.

Project = "Testing" and Status in (Open, Request for Info, Reopened, Monitoring, Blocked)

Project = "Testing" and Status in (Closed, Verified and Resolved)

Project = "Testing" and Status in ("In Progress")

I'd now like to display a simple pie chart that shows the total number in each of those three JQL queries in one chart - i.e. if 10 are open, 5 in closed, and 5 in progress by the above definitions, a simple 10,5,5 pie chart is shown.

I can't find a way to do this, although it seems simple.

Hopefully someone has the answer!  

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

2 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi Clive,

I also thought this would be a useful feature that doesn't come out-of-the-box with Jira, so we recently added it to our app Custom Charts for Jira.

This is a simple to use pie charting app that allows you to customise the colors, change the order, and group options together.

You can test the app out right now on our free interactive playground: https://www.oldstreetsolutions.com/custom-charts-for-jira

Custom_Charts_for_Jira_Merge_Segments.png

In the next release, we'll be releasing a feature so you can also rename grouped segments e.g. (Open, Request for Info, Reopened, Monitoring, Blocked) to "Open".

We have plans for a number of other chart types, including bar charts and funnel charts.

I hope this provides a solution to your problem. If you have any suggestions of how we could improve the app I'd love to hear them :)

Thanks,

Tom
Custom Charts Product Manager

John Wheeler September 15, 2023

@Tom Harris - Old Street  is there a way to group or bucket numeric values? Let's say i have ticket age. I don't want to see every discrete age graphed. Instead, I'd like to create buckets with the following criteria. Age < 30d, 60d > Age >= 30d, 90d > Age >= 60d, Age>= 90d.

Is this possible with custom charts?

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Clive Cartlidge 

Really interesting question, made me thinking. I don't think this is possible without using any add-on.

To solve this problem what I would do is update one additional field (I like using labels) for these statuses (whenever the transitions as done to them) and use that field in the pie chart. Now how you update this new field is another requirement, either update it manually or use a scripted post function (if you have ScriptRunner).

What do you think? 

Ravi

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2019

Hi @Clive Cartlidge

As per my knowledge, out of the box jira doesn't have any such feature. 

Kanban boards are representing the data in the form of columns.

Suggest an answer