How do I get the value of the original estimate and remaining estimate fields using the Soap API

Sjoerd Peters April 24, 2012

I'm using the Soap API to get issues from jira but I just can't seem to figure out how to get the values use of the timetracking fields.
It's not in the custom fields worklog or the ticket itself.

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to retrieve thevalues of the timetracking fields using the Soap API?

While I searched google and the atlassian website I found a few similar questions and posts that suggested you can't get this info using the Soap APi, but no definitive answer.

Using the Jira Soap API has been a joy, stuff just works. I guess that's the reason I can't believe this seemingly trivial thing isn't supported.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

There is no SOAP api support for that. JIRA Command Line Interface uses REST API to retrieve that for getIssue action (outputFormat 2) and similar.

Sjoerd Peters April 24, 2012

Thanks for the reply,

Any chance this will be added to the Soap API in the near future??

0 votes
thanhtung90 June 11, 2013

In REST, I could be got them by getTimeTracking(). For example:

com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.domain.Issue.getTimeTracking().getOriginalEstimateMinutes()

Hope you can get it.

Nisarga.lokesh August 13, 2019

Thank you

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Did you check the customfieldvalues that are returned in the issue object in SOAP? One of them should be orginalEstimate.

Sjoerd Peters April 25, 2012

Yes I did check them, but they don't seem to be there. There are 3 customfields I'm not entirely sure of what they are but they have the wrong values and don't change when I set a different estimate.

Suggest an answer