How do I get "Security Level" field added to a screen?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying for HOURS to get issue security set up on a test project and I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can't see the "Security Level" field on the Create Issue screen. So far, I have:

• created an Issue Security Scheme with two security levels, both of which include a Group that I am a member of (and I'm also a jira-administrator)
  • created a test project with myself in the project Administrator role (by default, since I'm a jira-administrator) 
  • associated the Issue Security Scheme with the test project
  • added the field "Security Level" to the project's Default Issue Screen, which is associated with Screen Scheme for every issue type on the project
  • hard-refreshed my browser window
  • lost my temper and cursed a lot

I know I'm missing something but I can't figure out what it is?!?! Unending gratitude to whomever might be able to point me towards the solution here. :)

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Oct 27, 2017

Hello, 

Are you sure you set Set issues security permission in the project permission scheme? This permission allows a user to set security level. 

You can read more about it here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Oh my god, you are my SAVIOR! I don't know how I missed this step, but I am SO THANKFUL to you, Alexey! I kept going over my list of steps and pulling my hair out, haha! Thank you thank you thank you <3

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

97 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you