How do I get instance-wide project statistics

Peter Dittman March 4, 2013

I've come into an organization where JIRA usage has been somewhat ad hoc - lots of starts/stops on creating projects, etc. I'd like to be able to remove some outdated projects - no longer needed - consolidate others (organizations and practices have evolved beyond the original intent).

There's a view of all projects, but I can't seem to find any activity reports/exports, etc. that span the entire instance (all projects)... e.g., take the project summary page and create a report (spreadsheet) with a row per project and column data from the summary page.

Any guidance would be appreciated

-Peter

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2013

As Penny suggests, start with a filter and a 2d filter.

I went one further and scribbled a report ages ago - list of projects, with the number of issues in them and the highest number used (note that those can be different!). I'd like to add "last time issue was updated" and "when earliest issue was created" to give a bit more of an indication of how active and old a project is (but never had time, and make do with the project ID, as the lower the number, the older the project)

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2013

I'm sure there's other ways to do this, but I like to use the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to look at statistics for a particular set of issues (in this case, all issues in all projects).

I've set up an publicly-visible example here on our JIRA instance - https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=36802

In this case it's displaying the number of issues of each type per project, but it could just as easily be configured to show any other statistic you want to track.

Caroline C April 23, 2020

hello,

I've just tried to access your example but I have the following message error :

'The dashboard you requested either does not exist or you don't have access to it.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your Jira administrators'.

I'm really interested in such an example as I'd like to analyze the quality of some data through all projects in JIRA.

Is it possible to have access on your example ?

Have a nice day !

Suggest an answer