How do I get instance-wide project statistics

I've come into an organization where JIRA usage has been somewhat ad hoc - lots of starts/stops on creating projects, etc. I'd like to be able to remove some outdated projects - no longer needed - consolidate others (organizations and practices have evolved beyond the original intent).

There's a view of all projects, but I can't seem to find any activity reports/exports, etc. that span the entire instance (all projects)... e.g., take the project summary page and create a report (spreadsheet) with a row per project and column data from the summary page.

Any guidance would be appreciated

-Peter

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Penny Wyatt Atlassian Team Apr 22, 2013

I'm sure there's other ways to do this, but I like to use the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to look at statistics for a particular set of issues (in this case, all issues in all projects).

I've set up an publicly-visible example here on our JIRA instance - https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=36802

In this case it's displaying the number of issues of each type per project, but it could just as easily be configured to show any other statistic you want to track.

This widget could not be displayed.

As Penny suggests, start with a filter and a 2d filter.

I went one further and scribbled a report ages ago - list of projects, with the number of issues in them and the highest number used (note that those can be different!). I'd like to add "last time issue was updated" and "when earliest issue was created" to give a bit more of an indication of how active and old a project is (but never had time, and make do with the project ID, as the lower the number, the older the project)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

176 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you