How do I get attachments after a new install of Jira

Teresa Luis December 3, 2020

I have a new install of Jira Software on a new app server.  I pointed it to a blank database at setup and then changed the dbconfig file to point to an existing DB.  It upgraded the DB but now I need to get the attachments off the old version.  How do I do that?  I see lots of documentation but with different needs so I'm not sure which one I need to do.

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Teresa,

You will want to follow the instructions found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-938846962.html specifically under extract the files.  You should also check your customizations.

I'm probably not understanding this correctly - my first foray into Jira.

I don't need the Jira app as I've installed it on a new server, I just need the attachments. Is that possible as I'm jumping a large amount of versions.  The answer above just says to copy them over, is that possible?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Yes you would just copy them.

ok wonderful, thanks!

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Teresa Luis 

Either point your new Jira to the old Jira home directory or copy the data and logos folders from your old Jira home directory and paste them in the new one.

Do make sure that you set the appropriate permissions to the directories so Jira can read them.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events