How do I get a list of users with access?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

We are at our max license count. I need to see a list of everyone who has access to see if there are any I can do without. I don't believe there is a clean way to do this. At some point in the dim and distant past I had an SQL query that IT could run for me, but I seem to have lost it.

Anyone know a way I can get my list?

3 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

It is everyone in the jira-users group (by default) and any other group you've given logon rights to.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Hi George,

You can check on your database:

select * from cwd_user where active = 1;

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

First, sanity check on the groups. Go to Admin -> Global Permissions and take note of the groups listed under "Jira administrators", "Jira System Administrators" and "Jira Users" (it's usually just "jira administrators" and "jira-users", but it's worth checking). Those three lines determine who can log in.

Then, the simple one - go to user administration and have a look through each of those groups

You'll generally find you don't care about the admins, the users are what matter. Later versions of Jira implement an inactive flag as well. The user list should tell you their last login date (again, depends on version, but that's been there fro a long time now)

As for the SQL, it depends on what the user directories are... (ldap, crowd, internal, something else...)

Suggest an answer