How do I get a calculated custom field to display results in percentage?

BMueller September 26, 2012

I have divided two custom fields (time spent / original estimate) and want the results in percentage.

I.e., the original estimate was 1 day, and we have spent 1.5 days, so we are 150% of the original estimate.

Here's the formula I used:

<!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("aggregatetimespent") != null ? issue.get("aggregatetimespent") : 0) / (issue.get("aggregatetimeoriginalestimate") != null ? issue.get("aggregatetimeoriginalestimate") : 0) -->

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+Fields is a good option to do things like this. Or create your own custom field and do this calculation in "view" template.

BMueller November 8, 2012

Thanks, but I have a bigger problem - I can't get the calculated field to do what I want anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's in percentages or not.

I still want to display the results in percentage if I can ever get the math to work - but I don't think your propsed solution will work for me.

Thanks

Suggest an answer