How do I fugure out, which Porject type a project have?

Bata May 9, 2023

I have an project and I cannot find where to see, which project typ it is. 

Which type did I choose when I launched it. 

Can you please help me? 

Thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-09 um 11.26.53.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Bata

I personally like to use the project overview to determine the project type. Go to "Projects > View all projects" in the navigation at the top. Here, you should be able to see the type of all your projects in the fourth column:

project_type.png

Bata May 9, 2023

Thank ou @Michel Neeser 

We are getting closer. 
There is written "Geschäftsprojekt"   (business project)  OK 

Ok - I understand now, my question should not be "what Kind of project?" 

My question should be, what kind of "project template" was choosen?

Because seems like they all are named  "business"  in the overview. 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-09 um 13.10.23.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-05-09 um 13.13.15.png

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

@Bata I don't think it is possible to directly determine the project template used after creating a project. A template is basically nothing else than predefined issue types and statuses.

What you could try though is to click through the templates in the list while trying to match the issue types and statuses of each template with your current project (only works if your project has not been extensively modified yet).

So, click on "See details":

templates.png

Then compare the template properties with your current project to identify the template used:

props.png

Bata May 9, 2023

GReat! Thank you @Michel Neeser  I did see that before! I guess I understand the issue now! Thank you

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

Glad I could help! Please consider accepting the answer, maybe it is helpful for others as well. Thank you!

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

Hi @Bata 

You can see it in the upper, left hand corner. For example, the screenshot below shows a project that is of type "Software project":

project.png

HTH,
KGM

Bata May 9, 2023

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen , 

thank you for advice, but I do not see this in my project. Can you see it in my screenshot? 

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

Sorry, I don't. Maybe the German (or whatever language it is) is throwing me off.

You can also go to Search - Switch to JQL and there run this query:

projectType = software

and if cff tickets show up, then your project is if type "Software project". Or run projectType = business.

Does that do the trick?

Best, KGM

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

That project type text appears only for Software and Service Management types of projects, where the navigation options appear in a panel on the left.

When the navigation options appear across the top of the screen and include items like List, Board, Calendar, and Timeline, that is an indication the project is a Work Management project.

Like # people like this
Bata May 9, 2023

Hi @Michel Neeser 

thank you for clearification. 

Can you also tell me how to figure out, which template within the Work Management was choosen? 

Cause actually that was my real question. 

Thank you

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

@Bata I tried to describe the process of figuring that out in my post above. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events