How do I form the request using Epic link, Environment identified, Effected versions for API?

Rahul Naik March 7, 2018

I am able to create the issues in a project using API by sending the below JSON.

request.body = {
"fields": {
"project": {
"key": "ABC"
},
"summary": "testing",
"description": "sample task",
"issuetype": {
"name": "Bug"
}
}.to_json

In another project there are the following mandatory fields: Epic Link, Environment Identified, Affects Version/s.

I tried the passing the parameters in the below format in the above json but it says bad request.

"epic_link": "TestErrors",
"environment": "Staging",
"versions": "test",

Can you help me with the correct key names and the type of values I must give for the above 3 fields?

1 answer

1 vote
Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Epic Link is a custom field so set it as a custom field ID.

Set versions similar to how you're doing issuetypes (allow for multiples), but make sure to specify if it's affected or fix versions.

I think Environment is good.

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#editing-an-issue-examples

Rahul Naik March 9, 2018

Hi Kyle,

In the docs, I was able to find the keys: "versions" and "fixVersions". Can you tell the name of the key for "Affects Version/s" field?

I've tried the following but it's not working. If you could tell the name of the key and syntax in which I should be passing the values, it'll be of great help.

"versions": [
{
"value": "test_v1"
}
],

"affectedVersions": ["test_v1"],
 "affectedVersions": [
 {
 }
 ],

"affectedVersion": ["test_v1"],
 "affectedVersion": [
 {
 }
 ],

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

I looked into it and confusingly it's version for Affect/s Versions.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api/2/issue-getEditIssueMeta

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2018

Hello. If this answer helped, please use the check mark to accept the answer. Thanks!

Suggest an answer