How do I find the issue history on a moved issue?

April Lyons March 23, 2021

I moved released issues from one project to another project.   After I moved them,  I could not find the release history.   How can I find this historical information in order to retain the issue history?  

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Hi April, welcome to the Community. When you move an issue it should retain the original history and include history about the move too. You should see this under the history tab. Example below.

9E561F40-68D4-49D2-8BF2-4AFB0AD011B5.jpeg

April Lyons March 25, 2021

Thank you for the reply.  However, I don't see what (historical) fixversion this ticket was assigned to. Is this a field that can be found? 

Like Mykola Kharchuk likes this
Mykola Kharchuk March 26, 2021

Hello, dear @April Lyons .
I am Mykola, Product Manager from SaaSJet. I am happy to show you the Issue History add-on. This helps to see all changes from all issues from all projects. 
There is a screenshot - there you can see changes in the Issue, which product was changed.
IH Project changing.jpg

If you are interested, I'll be glad to show you a live Demo via Google Meet.

April Lyons March 29, 2021

Hi Mykola. 

Thank you for the response.  Is this a third party product or a built-in Jira add-on? 

Mykola Kharchuk March 31, 2021

Hello @April Lyons ,
yes, this is a built-in Jira add-on from vendor SaaSJet. Here is its page in the Marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220385/issue-history?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Dear April, feel free to try the trial version.

and I'll be glad to show you a demo with all features if you want. Let me know ;)

Like April Lyons likes this
April Lyons March 31, 2021

Hello @Mykola Kharchuk ,

Thank you for the response.  I noticed this mentions it's compatible with Jira Service Management.  Is this also compatible for Jira Software issues? 

April 

Mykola Kharchuk April 1, 2021

Hello again, @April Lyons 
Oh, yes, April - Issue History works well with Jira Software Issues

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin