How do I find issues that had a status of Open or In Progress in Past Weeks

Gloria.Galvez-Sanchez April 4, 2023

How do I find issues that had a status of Open or In Progress in the week of 3/20 to 3/24 when I am running this on 4/4/2023?

I am new to JQL but I was able to get those working for the past week for closed tickets (resolved >=-8d and resolved<=-1d) 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Gloria

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Gloria.Galvez-Sanchez 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can use the WAS IN operator with the DURING predicate.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/#Advancedsearchingoperatorsreference-WAS

status WAS IN ("Open","In Progress") DURING ("2023/03/20", "2023/03/24")
Gloria.Galvez-Sanchez April 4, 2023

Hi Trudy, 

Thank you for your answer but I am trying to use relative dates.

Could I do DURING (-2w, -1w) :( I know is silly but I just don't have a clue. I tried a few things like and status CHANGED TO "Closed" AFTER startOfWeek(-14d) and status CHANGED TO "Closed" BEFORE startOfWeek(-7d) I am still testing this.

gg

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Gloria.Galvez-Sanchez 

Yes, you can use relative date operators with DURING.

Is this a filter you will need to run many times?

Would you run it on a consistent schedule so that your data range would be consistently relative?

What do you want to do with the output?

Gloria.Galvez-Sanchez April 5, 2023

I am actually using Python JQL package and yes it will be run every Monday for the week before, the week before that and so on for 4 weeks period.  This is to update some graphs in PowerPoint

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Thanks for the additional information.

I was going to suggest using an Automation Rule to run the report, but it sounds like you don't need that if you are using python code to automate running it.

Like Gloria.Galvez-Sanchez likes this
0 votes
Gloria.Galvez-Sanchez April 5, 2023

I was able to extract issues resolved on a certain week for current week - 1, -2, -3, etc.

AND resolved >= startOfWeek(-3w) AND resolved <= endOfWeek(-3w)

also using DURING as you suggested 

WAS IN("Open","In Progress") DURING (startOfWeek(-1w), endOfWeek(-1w))

they worked.

Thank you very much Trudy.

gg

Suggest an answer