How do I find issues that are blocked by other issues that are in an unresolved state?

Chris Peake November 30, 2020

Hi all,

With 8.13, I can now search for issues that have an "is blocked by" link type using the issueLinkType function but that only gets me half of what I need.  I want to be able to filter those results further to only show issues that are linked to blocking issues that are unresolved.

i.e. I don't want issues that have a blockers completed to show in the search results.

Has anyone found a method to do this?  My end goal is to add colour coding in the backlog view to quickly highlight issues that need some blockage removed before they are ready for a sprint.

Thx,

Chris P.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

Hello, @Chris Peake !

As I know Jira doesn't have out-of-box JQL-funtion for your case. 

I checked the Atlassian's docs about Advanced searching

But you can get it from apps:

1. Scriptrunner 
    Documentation link.
    issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("statuscategory not in ('Done')", "blocks") and resolution is empty
  2. JQL Search Extentions - 
    Documentation link.
    issue in links("blocks", "statuscategory not in ('Done')") and resolution is empty

Suggest an answer