It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I filter for parts of the FixVersion/s field?

It is possible to search for parts of what is written in the summary field (with ~). I want to do the same thing for the FixVersion/s field. Is this possible?

In general my concern is, that I have Releases that have a specific nomenclature and I want to filter for the issues that are subordinated, based on parts of this nomenclature. Is there a possibility to do this without the use of Add-ons/labels etc.?

2 answers

1 accepted

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/advanced-searching-fields-reference-765593716.html?_ga=2.228522654.2094838208.1569828953-503707675.1567420743#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-FixVersionfixVersionFixversion 

The ~ character is not supported for queries with fixVersion.

But you can use fixVersion in situations like these:

fixVersion in ("3.14""4.2")

or

fixVersion = "hello"

Hope this answer your question!

This answers my question, but does not provide a solution. Too bad, that the Fix Version field cannot be accessed by the ~ character. This means there is no "Out-of-the-box"-Solution for just filtering for segments of the Release name, too bad, as Releases do not have any other attributes that can be filtered for.

the ~ can only be used in JQL for the fields that are defined as free text searchers, fix version is a select list field.

with scriptrunner you have a function that fits your needs

fixVersion in versionMatch("^RC.*")

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_projectmatch_componentmatch_versionmatch 

I guess the free addon SQL to JQL would work for you too (haven't try it)

Thank you for your answer. An addon sadly does not solve the problem, because it is not possible to intall them, even when they are free of charge, due to the Company's IT structure.

Ok, maybe you could do some workaround like copying the version value to a text field and filtering for this new field.

Yes, this was now the way to go. I wanted to avoid manual work, but unfortunately Atlassian does not provide an out-of-the-box solution (like in many other cases). Thanks for the support.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

236 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you