Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root


1 badge earned


Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!


Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.


Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!


Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members
Community Events
Community Groups

How do I filter for parts of the FixVersion/s field?

It is possible to search for parts of what is written in the summary field (with ~). I want to do the same thing for the FixVersion/s field. Is this possible?

In general my concern is, that I have Releases that have a specific nomenclature and I want to filter for the issues that are subordinated, based on parts of this nomenclature. Is there a possibility to do this without the use of Add-ons/labels etc.?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

According to 

The ~ character is not supported for queries with fixVersion.

But you can use fixVersion in situations like these:

fixVersion in ("3.14""4.2")


fixVersion = "hello"

Hope this answer your question!

This answers my question, but does not provide a solution. Too bad, that the Fix Version field cannot be accessed by the ~ character. This means there is no "Out-of-the-box"-Solution for just filtering for segments of the Release name, too bad, as Releases do not have any other attributes that can be filtered for.

I've just found out that this seems to work now: 

fixVersion ~ "*keyword*"

Works great!  I saw reports in other places that this solution doesn't work, but I just tested and it worked for me!  Thanks Tomasz! 

Great, that worked too for me!

Great Tomasz, thanks for that!

the ~ can only be used in JQL for the fields that are defined as free text searchers, fix version is a select list field.

with scriptrunner you have a function that fits your needs

fixVersion in versionMatch("^RC.*") 

I guess the free addon SQL to JQL would work for you too (haven't try it)

Thank you for your answer. An addon sadly does not solve the problem, because it is not possible to intall them, even when they are free of charge, due to the Company's IT structure.

Ok, maybe you could do some workaround like copying the version value to a text field and filtering for this new field.

Yes, this was now the way to go. I wanted to avoid manual work, but unfortunately Atlassian does not provide an out-of-the-box solution (like in many other cases). Thanks for the support.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer