How do I export the field "Outward issue link (Blocks)" in jira ?

KrishnaP April 6, 2021

I need the column "Outward issue link (Blocks)" in my query export from jira

This column is not getting displayed under Columns during export and is only available as part of export all fields

The challenge is, the position of this column keeps changing every time I export depending on other fields like attachments etc..

So, I am unable to use a formula against a specific column position in excel

Can anyone please let me know how do I get only "Outward issue link (Blocks)" along with my query results OR do suggest any better way of addressing this issue

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi @KrishnaP 

I believe "Issue Links" column will produce both the outward and inward links in the export.  However, this works the same as the other one-to-many and many-to-many fields, producing:

• One column for each linked issue and...
  • One column for each linked issue of each type

Regarding column order changes in an export, I solve this by creating a lookup table with all possible column titles in another tab, and then use Excel's index and indirect functions to find the data needed.

No doubt this is why there are marketplace add-ons for purchase to make export management easier.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer