It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I export all stories in an Epic at once?

I have searched for the epic in the "Open Issues" and can see all the stories, however I can't see any option to export all of the stories at once; I need the full story content not just the title

The options available are;

Attach, Create issue in epic, link issue & link page

The is no export option in the "Actions" options either

Likewise when viewing the epic in the backlog, I can't see an option to export all stories

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Ian

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Can't you see this option?

image.png

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Ian Kenneth Court

Are you looking to export to Excel or similar?

It is easiest to do this via the Issue Search page - instructions below:

• Go to the Issue Search page (On Server, go to Issues > Search for issues - on Cloud, go to Issues and filters > Search issues)
  • For exports, I'd advise moving to column view so you can select which fields you want to export easier - the view button is an option icon with 3 solid lines - click it and ensure you're on "List View"
  • Locate your stories - you can do this in Basic Search by choosing the field "Epic Link" and entering the Epic - or in Advanced search, enter "Epic Link" = ID-123
  • Click Columns and select the fields you want to export - for example, Description as you're looking for the main content of the story. 
  • You can re-order the columns by dragging / dropping them into order - they will export in this order.
  • In the top-right, select Export. In here you'll have a number of options depending on your instance's hosting
  • Press to Export

Let us know if you need any other help.

Ste

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

231 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you