How do I export all stories in an Epic at once?

Ian Kenneth Court September 19, 2019

I have searched for the epic in the "Open Issues" and can see all the stories, however I can't see any option to export all of the stories at once; I need the full story content not just the title

The options available are;

Attach, Create issue in epic, link issue & link page

The is no export option in the "Actions" options either

Likewise when viewing the epic in the backlog, I can't see an option to export all stories

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Ian

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2019

Hi @Ian Kenneth Court

Are you looking to export to Excel or similar?

It is easiest to do this via the Issue Search page - instructions below:

• Go to the Issue Search page (On Server, go to Issues > Search for issues - on Cloud, go to Issues and filters > Search issues)
  • For exports, I'd advise moving to column view so you can select which fields you want to export easier - the view button is an option icon with 3 solid lines - click it and ensure you're on "List View"
  • Locate your stories - you can do this in Basic Search by choosing the field "Epic Link" and entering the Epic - or in Advanced search, enter "Epic Link" = ID-123
  • Click Columns and select the fields you want to export - for example, Description as you're looking for the main content of the story. 
  • You can re-order the columns by dragging / dropping them into order - they will export in this order.
  • In the top-right, select Export. In here you'll have a number of options depending on your instance's hosting
  • Press to Export

Let us know if you need any other help.

Ste

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Can't you see this option?

image.png

Suggest an answer