How do I export all issues to excel or CSV with Jira project?

gina July 3, 2020

I searched here for the answer.. and it is not appearing. 

Help appreciated. 

Thank you. 

4 answers

2 accepted

13 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2020

Hi @gina 

In order to export Jira issues in form of a CSV/ Excel file, just search for the relevant issues using filters/ JQL and then use the "Export" button to get access to all the export options.

Next select the option "Export Excel CSV" to export the issues.

Check below screenshot for more details.

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.12.52 PM.png

Deleted user November 26, 2021

This approach is very cumbersome because it doesn't organize issues by Epic or Story :(

Like # people like this
Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

If you would be interested in a third party app to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

You can export the Epics to CSV along with complete hierarchy of the Epic, and roll up time & story points progress at each level.

Epic Hierarchy - CSV Export.png

Like # people like this
Angela Frey November 15, 2023

This seems limited to 1000 issues... how do I actually export "all"?

Like Matthew S likes this
MobilityStream
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2023

Hi @Angela Frey ,

There are limitations with the native Jira export. If you are open for a marketplace app, you can try Excel Online Integration for Microsoft Office 365. It works for Office 365 as well as for the Excel Desktop version. You simply select your issues and fields/columns to export directly in Jira. Also there is a real-time and a scheduled sync option. There is no limitation on the number of Jira issues that can be exported.

Kind regards,

The Mobility Team

Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2023

Hi @Angela Frey 

Apologies for getting back late on this.

The app allows to fetch upto 5000 issues now.

Thanks

Angela Frey December 12, 2023

Awesome, thank you!

Erika De Lara
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2024

Hello,
I got a little issue. When extracting the information, the columns: Original estimate and Time Spent show random numbers such as 28954 instead of 8h. Is this normal?

Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2024

Hi @Erika De Lara 

Welcome to the community !!

Are you using the app, Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

for exporting ?

Thanks

Ya Ding February 21, 2024

hi @Madhu_RVS , i got this issue when i export appear all  in one line  do you know why ?

thanks Screenshot issue.png

Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2024

Hi @Ya Ding 

Can you pls drop an email to support@rvsoftwares.in 

We will get back to you to have a look at the issue

Thanks

3 votes
Answer accepted
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 15, 2021

One other, more professional approach for exporting Jira Cloud issues to Excel is Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud!

You not only can export all your Jira Cloud issues but use pre-built templates to create insightful Excel reports with pivot tables and charts. Read more on how to export Jira Cloud backlog to Excel in this blog.

jira-issues-selected-fields.pngjira-insight-report.png

You can also browse more export samples here.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter Cloud is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

1 vote
Elijah Stownton November 5, 2021

In case you need to automate this process, I'd like to advise you Skyvia. This cloud-based app allows us to schedule export Jira data to CSV: https://skyvia.com/data-integration/jira-csv-file-import-and-export

Btw, free version is available, so feel free to try it.

Mia Grandin April 21, 2022

Thank You :-)

Chuyen HUYNH May 23, 2022

I just tried it. I got an error

image.png

Carlos Vidal October 28, 2022

Error in site

Dennis Williams January 31, 2023

My experience is this only works a fraction of the time when exporting to Excel. And when it does work it is very slow. Exporting to Google Sheets works much better.

0 votes
l.kustrzynski December 1, 2023

I recommend Advanced Export application! This tool enables users to seamlessly export their data to Excel, CSV, and JSON formats with ease. Additionally You can use flexible export scheduler to receive reports by email.

A trial version is available. Try it.

Advanced Export - new - marketplace 1.jpg

Suggest an answer