How do I ensure custom fields are printed with the user-friendly labels and not the internal name?

Hugh Prior
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2011

I have custom fields which appear OK within the screens (e.g. during creation or view of an issue), but if I choose to print a version of the issue (via the "View a printable version of the current page" button, the custom fields display as the internal custom field name.

e.g.

on the view screen I have a custom field which is labelled in a nice user-friendly way "Origin"

on the printable version the same field is labelled in a horribly user-unfriendly way "jira.customfield.origin"

How do I ensure custom fields are printed with the user-friendly labels and not the internal name?

Thanks!

We are currently using JIRA 3.13.

1 answer

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2011

Hmm, I no longer have access to a 3.13 system, and it seems to be displaying properly in 4.3. What happens if you try to export the view, is it corret then? do you get the same behavior in another browser (I would expect so, but I just want to rule that out as a problem).

Hugh Prior
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2011

I have now tested in 2 different browsers (Firefox 3.6.3 and IE 7.0), and the problem appears in both.

I will go now and try and export the view...

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2011

and I don't suppose that you could do an upgrade of JIRA?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events