How do I embed issue collectors in Confluence?

Mike Watson January 23, 2015

We have server based JIRA and Confluence, and they are linked.  I would like to embed a link, inside a Confluence page, to an issue collector so users can launch and successfully conclude a JIRA create issue operation from that page.

Can anyone explain how this can be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maggie Modersohn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2015

Hi @Mike Watson,

From the Confluence documentation article: Advanced Use of the JIRA Issue Collector

Embedding the Issue Collector in your Confluence Site

The Issue Collector can be embedded into Confluence using the HTML Include Macro. Note that using the HTML Include Macro would require you to embed the Issue Collector code separately on each page.

The Issue Collector was previously embeddable in Confluence via a User Macro, allowing you to create a re-usable Issue Collector macro that other Confluence users can embed into their pages. This option is currently unavailable due to a known bug: CONF-26104 - Some JavaScripts are not executed if included in User Macro OPEN

Embedding the Issue Collector is not currently supported in Confluence Cloud.

0 votes
Mike Watson February 19, 2015

Many Thanks Maggie, that helped.  I am able to launch an issue collector from a Confluence page.  

My next challenge is to ensure some identifying user information is tagged on the ticket so we know who created it should the user neglect to provide his email and is not logged into JIRA.  We have server instances of both Confluence and JIRA, and the user must be logged into Confluence to get to the page with the issue collector.  So the user is not annonymous.  Any ideas?

Richard Paquet April 29, 2019

It is possible to see the code that you put in the html macro?
mine makes my button appear only at the top of the page. it does not appear in the html macro box

Suggest an answer