How do I edit the subject template of batched notification?

Joffrey_Hamman April 30, 2019

I know I have to modify the file IssueUpdateBatcher-subject.vm from the plugin batchers-1.0.27.jar located in atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins.

What I want to do, is to add the following elements in the mail subject:

• status
  • type
  • component
  • customfield_10008

I found how to do for the first one (status) => by adding $header.issueStatus.name

But I didn't find how to do for the others, it should be something like $header.issueType and $header.issueComponent but it seems not to work.

For the custom field, I tried the two following solutions (from https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-custom-fields-to-emails-batched-notifications-968669988.html) but both don't work.

#if(${customFields.get('customfield_10008').getValue()})
#set( $severity = $issue.getCustomFieldValue($customfield) )
#end

#if(${customFields.get('customfield_10008').getValue()})
#set( $severity = ${customFields.get('customfield_10008').getValue()} )
#end

The end of the customized file IssueUpdateBatcher-subject.vm is:

#set( $status = $header.issueStatus.name )
#set( $emailsubject = "(${key} ${status}) ${severity}"
$i18n.getText('issue.update.batch.mail.subject', [$emailsubject, $header.issueSummary])

Can anyone help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Ariu January 19, 2020

After I added the customfield to the velocity-context it worked for me with the following code (batchers version 1.2.1):

#set( $status = $header.issueStatus.name )
#set( $key = $header.issueKey )
#set( $customer = ${customFields.get('customfield_10700').getValue()} )
#set( $emailsubject = "[${key}]-[$customer] (Status: ${status})")
$i18n.getText('issue.update.batch.mail.subject', [$emailsubject, $header.issueSummary])

rohit.mat April 13, 2023

Hey @Mark Ariu ,

We tried to edit the IssueUpdateBatcher-subject.vm template and make the necessary changes and it works for us. But now my question here is, in the below line.. may i know where the getText() function and the issue.update.batch.mail.subject resource/property are defined.

$i18n.getText('issue.update.batch.mail.subject', [$header.issueKey, $header.issueSummary])

Suggest an answer