How do I download single attachment in JIRA Software?

Deborah Genevro January 31, 2017

I use JIRA Software (Cloud).  Many of my tickets have multiple attachments.  Oftentimes I only need to download one or two of these attachments.  For certain types of documents, JIRA opens them up automatically - like pdf, picture file or sql file.  Other types of documents like excel and word automatically download when you click the attachment name.  I need to download sql files, but they open automatically and I do not have an option to download it instead.  Under manage attachments, I can download all attachments, but that is not what I need.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Does right-click - 'save as' work for you?

Andreas Gronert August 25, 2021

Sorry for not answering yet. I`ve found another way, namly klick to open and use the cloud-symbol to download. Now I know, right click also works.

1 vote
Andreas Gronert May 4, 2021

Hello Hilary,
I'm working with Firefox and "Save as / Seite speichern unter" works so far, but it won't save the proper format. There is an pdf-document attached. But there is no option to save as pdf. I can save as html only in both cases, i.e.
- Right-click at the attachment within the Jira or
- first left-click to open in an extra window and then right-click for the download dialog.
Kind regards
Andreas

0 votes
Deborah Genevro January 31, 2017

Yes, that works.  My Chrome browser said "Save Link As" so I hadn't even tried that.  Thank you so much.

Suggest an answer