How do I download a specific version of the JIRA 7 Software or Service Desk .jar files?

Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

I've been given a Project Configurator export from another instance. I have installed the same version of JIRA (7.1.6) as the export, however that archive comes with jira-greenhopper-plugin-7.1.22.jar instead of 7.1.23-DAILY20160627065553.

So my import is failing with the error:

The backup project '<My Project>' requires custom field named 'Epic Colour' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-color'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '7.1.22', but in the backup it is at version '7.1.23-DAILY20160627065553'.

How do I download this specific version of JIRA Agile? The add-on page in the marketplace doesn't have these older versions.

1 answer

0 votes
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hi Alex,

From the error message in the question, the backup was made from an instance that was using version '7.1.23-DAILY20160627065553' of the JIRA Agile (Greenhopper) plugin. You would need to install this same version of the plugin on the target instance, in order to remove that error message.

Since JIRA 7, JIRA Agile (Greenhopper) plugin is not deployed independently, but it is included as part of the application "JIRA Software". This application contains this and other plugins. Now you must realize that the versions of JIRA Software and the contained JIRA Agile plugin do not have to be the same. If you go to the versions page for JIRA Software, download one of the versions and open its .obr file with a compression utility, you will find it contains a folder called "dependencies" and, inside it, the included JIRA Agile - Greenhopper plugin for that version of JIRA Software (see image).

uncompressed-jira-software-obr-file.png

Here you can see that JIRA Software 7.1.9 contains exactly the version of the plugin you need. So, you would have to install JIRA Software 7.1.9 on your target instance, and then retry the import.

Cheers

Marie Goodart August 8, 2017

I have ran across this as well, but for JIRA 7.3.0

I have 7.3.0 installed on both the import and export JIRA instances. However, I am still seeing a similar error from project configurator:

Load failed for reason: Missing a FieldLayoutItem for FieldLayout MG: Field Configuration and field com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-color:Epic Colour

José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2017

Hi Marie,

Please see this issue that seems to be the same problem you have found. It contains links with detailed explanation and how to fix it.

If you find any other problem, you can file an issue at our issue tracker at http://awnaba.atlassian.net.

Cheers

Suggest an answer