How do I define a release type attribute, or filter on a release name?

hellofawedge June 20, 2017

I am using JIRA to host a KanBan board and we release changes under a few different release types based on scheduled/adhoc and priority basis.

I would like to build a dashboard for each release type, but I can't pick the release (fixVersions) apart based on type as I can't seem to add an attribute/custom field against a release to filter on.

And to build a list that I would have to manually maintain using releasedVersions() or similar is doable, but if I was to do that I might as well use a spreadsheet. Obviously I should be able to leverage off the automation built into JIRA.

Alternatively I tried using a naming convention to record the release type, but it seems I can't wildcard filter on the release name either???? What?

Not being able to filter on a custom text field (fixVersion) is very strange behaviour; it's pretty basic functionality and I struggle to understand why this wouldn't be available out of the box. If the answer is to purchase a third party plugin; that is quiet frankly ridiculous (in the event this turns out to be not available in JIRA and not a PEBCAK error).

Am I missing something here and there's some simple way I can do this; or are neither of these basic features  included in JIRA? I have searched and find forum posts a few years old that have largely unhelpful responses or require custom development of the UI templates to provide fnew fields.

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

Ah, yes, the problem is "a few years old".  JIRA 7.something has more functions.

Try

fixversion in versionMatch("regex")

Suggest an answer