How do I customize the "Issues in Epic" section in the hosted JIRA?

Carol Drummond March 2, 2016

I need to see the Fixed Version set for the issues included in an Epic. Is there a way to make that customization in a hosted system?

(Sorry, I don't know whether I have "JIRA Core" or "JIRA Software", though I'm pretty sure I don't have Service Desk)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

I think what you're asking for requires a hack to the templates, so you can't do it on Cloud JIRA.

(The "issues in epic" section is a function of JIRA Software, so you have that.   Everyone with JIRA has "Core" - Software and Service Desk are applications that can be added to Core)

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

For server installations you can also use the Issue Matrix add-on to have the same panel as Issues In Epic but customizable, but for Cloud this is not an option. 

By hosted do you mean cloud/on-demand JIRA ?

Yes, cloud/on-demand.

Sounds like if this isn't already in the roadmap for new tiny features, it should be. I see lots of others asking for the same thing, to the extent of wanting to add the same field:

How do you add a column to "Issues in Epic" panel

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/205850

I'm betting that if you dig through your metrics on the non-cloud versions, you'll see that many have implemented this customization.

Thanks for confirming that it isn't there. ;- )

Like Dean Del Ponte likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

Boris and I aren't Atlassian, we're end users like yourself (although both of us work for Expert Partners)

There's also no way to gather metrics on what end-users of Server may have hacked into their systems.

Suggest an answer