How do I create the first Sprint for a new Scrumban project? The "Create Sprint" button not in Backl

Nasir Karamat April 4, 2020

I have created a new ScrumBan project in JIRA including a Backlog of 24 stories to start with. However, to create the first sprint for the ScrumBan project, the "Create Sprint" button is not appearing with the Backlog like it appears with the Backlog in Scrum projects I am using in JIRA. . For a  Scrum project in JIRA I do see the "Create Sprint" button with the Backlog. I don't see the "Create Sprint" button with the Backlog in the new ScrumBan project.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2020

Hi @Nasir Karamat 

You can not create the sprint in the kanban board. if you are using scrumban process it means you will use the combination of scrum and kanban.

You can use the Kanban Board here in Jira and do the scrum events like daily scrum etc. yourself.

Nasir Karamat April 5, 2020

Hi Monika,

Thanks for responding to my question. Yes we are using the Kanban Board for our daily scrum and I do understand that Scrumban is a combination of scrum and kanban. As our team is using Scrumban for the first time, I want to make doubly sure I understand your answer correctly. Is there no way in Jira to create/name a 2-week Sprint for our Scrumban project like we do in the Scrum framework in Jira?  

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

Hi @Nasir Karamat ,

I do not think so if we have any other way. you can do one thing:

you can create the scrum project and set the sprint duration and can decide how many issues your team will take and use some kanban process... but I don't think it will be a good way to go as a scrumban.

@Nasir Karamat I have one question to you if you want to use the Scrum project features like Sprint and all, then why are you using scrumban?

if your team has the continuous flow type of work then why are you not using kanban then?

Regards,

Monika

Suggest an answer