How do I create subscriptions for other users?

Helle Overbeck June 20, 2017

I would like to be able to create subscriptions for others - every morning sending the result of a filter (search). In the documentation it says: "You can create a subscription of any frequency for yourself and/or other users."
But I only get the possibility to create subscription for myself - no field to enter another users id.

I suspect that I need some kind of extra permission - but which?

Or is it something set up by the (super) administrator?

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

Hi Helle,

As mentioned in the Working with search results documentation you can configure a personal or a group subscription to a filter. In other words, you can subscribe a group of users but not just another single user that is not yourself.

If you want to specify a group as the recipient of the filter subscription:

• You must have the 'Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' global permission.
  • Be aware that the emailed filter results will be specific to each recipient. For example, if the filter uses the currentUser() function, the search results will be evaluated with the recipient as the current user. This does not apply to distribution lists (group email aliases).
  •  Be careful about sharing a subscription with a group with many members, as it can take a long time to generate the emails to be sent, since the search needs to be executed for each user (as per the previous point).

Please review the working with search results documentation page for details.

\\
Best Regards,
Dario
Atlassian Cloud Support

Helle Overbeck June 20, 2017

Thank you - that was quick. 

So - if I get the global permission it will change what I see (and can do) when I select 'Create subscription'? Will it then be possible to create a subscription for someone else?

I don't want to send to groups - just to a single user, someone else than myself.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

I am afraid you can only select groups... However, you can also create a group with only one user in order to work-around this limitation. 

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer