It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I create my team members as group using Jira query and passing the input to the other query?

Hello Team,

I am having ~15 members in my team, when ever I writes the query I used to copy all team members name in different queries like

project =SAMPLE AND (assignee in (user1, user2,user3...User15)

when my team members changes I keep on changing the user name. It would be better If i have the query like "My team members" as one query which are having 15 names and passing the input other filters like

project =SAMPLE AND (assignee in (My team members) ...

Is it possible to have such query?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello,

You could create a group for these users and filter users by this group in this JQL query:

assignee in membersOf("your group")

For me I don't have specific group name. I need jira query to write team members group

You can create a group and add there yourself and your team members.

Where do I need to create a group. I dont have such option in my jira page.

test.jpg

You are not a Jira administrator. Only Jira Administrators can create groups and include users to these groups.

Is there any other way to handle this using private jira query?

Please advise that how do I manage using Jira queries

I can not think of another way.

Matt Ward I'm New Here Oct 15, 2019

You can create and save a filter called "Assigned to My Team" where the filter is just assignee in (user1, user2,user3...User15).

Then whenever you need to use that as part of another JQL query, you can just add it with filter = "Assigned to My Team" or whatever the filter id number is to keep it short, e.g. project=CC AND filter=1234 AND status != Done

Like Anas Badhusha likes this

Thank you @Matt Ward . Its working

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

274 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you