How do I create links between child and parent issues when importing CSV?

William Dismukes December 7, 2016

I am importing a list of issues via CSV.

One issue is an Epic. The rest are Sub-Tasks of that Epic.

After creation, the opening the Epic correct shows all of the Sub-Tasks. I can click on them inside the Epic to open an individual Sub-Task.

After opening a Sub-Task, there is no link back to the parent. 

How do I create that link in the CSV so that it appears after import?

1 answer

0 votes
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

Hi William.

You can use 2 extra fields in file to create sub-tasks.

• In your file you should use 2 additional columns whose headings should be named similarly to Issue Id and Parent Id.
  • Ensure each regular (non sub-task) issue is given a unique (sequential) number in the Issue Id column. Do not include any value in the Parent Id fields for regular issues.
  • To create a sub-task of a regular issue (or to link an issue with other) in your file, reference the unique Issue Id number of the regular issue in the Parent Id column. Do not include any value in the Issue Id fields for sub-tasks

Regars!

William Dismukes December 8, 2016

Thanks for the response. I've already done that, though. The part I've done successfully is using the Issue ID and Parent ID to successfully create Epics and Sub-Tasks. The problem lies in the Issue Links. No link is created in the Issue Links section. I can't clink a link to get back to the Epic from inside the Sub-task.

Suggest an answer