It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I create an issue filter for a User Picker (Multiple Users) custom field?

I have created a custom field that is a User Picker (Multiple Users) so I can have multiple users selected within the field of a ticket.

Now, I am trying to create a dashboard filter that will show each user their individual issues they have been selected within this new custom field....

Notes: 

Open a jira issue >> I see the custom field mentioned above I named "Assigned Group" >> I select 3 separate users >> Save and close the ticket >> As one of these users, I want to navigate to my dashboard and see a list of all issues I have been named in this new "Assigned Group" custom field.

PLEASE HELP!

1 answer

2 votes

Hi @Michael Irving 

I believe this is possible using JQL. I have tested this and it seems to work.

Step 1 - Create a JQL

JQL: "Assigned Group" in (currentUser())

Add more filters you need

1.png

Step 2 - Save this search as a filter

2.png

Step 3 - Change the access of the filter appropriately so everyone that needs to access the new dashboard gadget can access

3.png

Step 4 - Add a new 'Filter Results' dashboard gadget 

4.png

Step 5 - In the new gadget, select your newly saved filter

5.png

Thats all.

Now everyone will only the issues that contain their name in the 'Assigned Group' field.

View for user 1:

6.png

View for user 2:

7.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you