• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I create a report based on the columns in my Jira board

I am new to Confluence and Jira.  My Kanban board has the statuses grouped in columns like "to do", "in progress" and "complete".  I want to create a report with those groupings and not the statuses.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Apr 01, 2021

What do you mean by “report”. Do you want a list of issues? Graph? Chart? You cannot reference a board column but you can use the underlying statuses. For example, you could create the following (or similar) JQL

project = myproject and status in (a,b,c)

and the use that filter in a dashboard gadget. 

Very interesting. Could you describe in more detail what you want?

I want to group the statuses in a pie chart similar to the way they are group in columns in my Kanban board.

"To do" has a status of backlog or new

"in progress" has a status of staging, blocked or in progress

"done" has a status of closed

Does that make sense?

Hello @Paul Mikuszewski 

It will be nice if you clarify your needs. Do you want a report based on statuses?

Sorry - First time posting anything.  My jira tickets have a bunch of statuses that are grouped into columns on my Kanban board.  I would like to have pie chart reflect the columns in my Kanban board not 6 or statuses in the Jira tickets.  Does that help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you