How do I create a report based on the columns in my Jira board

Paul Mikuszewski April 1, 2021

I am new to Confluence and Jira.  My Kanban board has the statuses grouped in columns like "to do", "in progress" and "complete".  I want to create a report with those groupings and not the statuses.

2 answers

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 1, 2021

Hello @Paul Mikuszewski 

It will be nice if you clarify your needs. Do you want a report based on statuses?

Sorry - First time posting anything.  My jira tickets have a bunch of statuses that are grouped into columns on my Kanban board.  I would like to have pie chart reflect the columns in my Kanban board not 6 or statuses in the Jira tickets.  Does that help?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

What do you mean by “report”. Do you want a list of issues? Graph? Chart? You cannot reference a board column but you can use the underlying statuses. For example, you could create the following (or similar) JQL

project = myproject and status in (a,b,c)

and the use that filter in a dashboard gadget. 

I want to group the statuses in a pie chart similar to the way they are group in columns in my Kanban board.

"To do" has a status of backlog or new

"in progress" has a status of staging, blocked or in progress

"done" has a status of closed

Does that make sense?

Suggest an answer