How do I create a filter that shows assignee as unassigned or assigned in one space for dashboard

cinzia December 17, 2020

I have this so far: project = "Personal Computing Intake" AND assignee is EMPTY

however that just shows me the Unassigned.  Note I'm new to JIRA and JQL and any assistance would be appreciated.  TIA

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Hey @cinzia 

The way I learned JQL quickly was using the basic view to configure what I could and then switching to advanced when I needed to. I would definitely recommend doing that.

As for your question, all you need to do is remove the part about the assignee. So if the JQL is the below, it will show you all issues in that project. 

project = "Personal Computing Intake" 

If you need to filter out resolved issues you can use this instead 

project = "Personal Computing Intake" AND resolution = Unresolved
cinzia December 17, 2020

Thank you so much. This worked and I will definitely try your suggestion moving forward.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

so assignee is empty equates to Unassigned issues. 

now what do you mean in your post title by "or assigned in one space"? I don't understand the concept of space in the context of Jira.

Suggest an answer