How do I create a fake user in Jira Software

Virginia Horrocks September 11, 2019

I have integrated Jira Software for bug tracking with TestCollab. In order to have the reporter field auto populate from TestCollab I need to set the TestCollab testers as users in Jira Software and link their profiles using APIs.  I do not want these users to even know that they exist in Jira so I don't want to be involving them in the process by sending invites in order to create them.  I want to create them and generate APIs in Jira whiich I can then use to link their profiles to Test Collab.

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2019

Hello,

You would need to add a user with existing email. You can create a user with a email and google in use it.

Ignas Selvestravičius December 15, 2021

But in this way you still need a license as this user with existing email is a real user actually. Maybe there is a way to create pseudo user? I need to have pseudo user as "supplier" which can be anybody that don't work in our company and the purpose of this is to see ourselves that the task is assigned to supplier. The supplier don't need to have any access to our jira.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer