How do I create a JQL query to capture issues created in the previous month

I need to query for the total number of issues created for the previous month.  For example, if I want to know the total new issues created during the month of August and it is already September, how can I do this with a function so I don't have to modify the query every time it is run?  I can't use startOfMonth() or endOfMonth() since it will return the issues created in October instead of September unless there is a way to use a set back that will give me the previous month.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

try created >= startOfMonth(-1M) and created  <= startOfMonth()

I'm on Cloud Confluence ... can this be done in a Confluence Search URL? My trail and error has only led to error.... Eg.

https://xxx.atlassian.net/wiki/dosearchsite.action?cql=space+%3D+"XXXX"+and+lastmodified+<%3D+startOfMonth%28-12M%29+and+type+%3D+"page"

Thanks!

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks that did the trick.  I tried several combinations of that function, just not that one.  Thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you