How do I copy or duplicate a Jira Task

If you do not have a copy option please create such enhancement.

We have tasks that needs to be repeated every week with some small variations in each task must most is the same.

2 answers

0 votes

You can use "clone" from the menu options on an issue.

But for a regular repeated task, it's probably better to write a very short script that uses REST to create a new issue (Pi + Cron + 20 line script, 19 lines of which is poking me on HipChat if the create fails)

There is the functionality built in it is called 'Clone' and it can be found under the 'More' actions on any issue provided the user has create permissions.

image2015-12-21 23:39:50.png

However, as you say you have a set of tasks to be repeated every week you may wish to look at one of the scripting plugins to make this easier for you as you could then clone multiple tickets at once and bulk populate with certain parameters.

Hope this helps.

Phill

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,033 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you